Maybe its time to let Upstairs Downstairs give you a complete top-to-bottom house cleaning checklists? From the sink and stove to the ceiling fans, rest assured your spring cleaning is in reliable hands.
For those of you committed to de-cluttering and deep-cleaning your entire house, we’ve put together a complete house cleaning checklist. Whether it is the bedroom cleaning checklist or your bathroom cleaning checklist, you need to be well-versed with the basics of deep cleaning checklist. Let’s delve deeper into how you can do that.
The Complete Cleaning Checklist
This list includes cleaning tips our house cleaning service teams use to transform a home from dusty and musty to clean and organized. We’re sharing our house cleaning checklists template because we understand that sometimes, housework can be overwhelming, especially when you’re short on time. Just deciding where to start can be a chore. We’ve included this printable house cleaning checklist so you can break your cleaning down into manageable chunks. When cleaning your house, you’ll probably feel more accomplished if you can check things off as you go along. Supervising maids can be a cumbersome task – and that is exactly where we step in! We devise a house cleaning schedule that best suits your preferences and timings so that you do not have to worry about getting your house cleaned.
Cleaning Supplies Checklist
First, have all your cleaning supplies ready so you don’t get bogged down trying to round up everything you need.
- Newspaper and glass cleaner
- Mask (for dusting especially gritty areas or if you have allergies)
- Rubber gloves
- Lemon rinds, baking soda, and white vinegar (for degreasing)
- Microfiber cloths for dusting/polishing
- Vacuum (Replace bag, clean filter, and dust cup before beginning).
- Scrub brushes/sponges
- Mop and bucket
Have your house cleaning checklist in front of you, so that you know where to start from! Whether it’s the ceiling fans or the sink and stove that needs cleaning, superior quality supplies will just make the process far more hassle-free. A holistic spring cleaning is not as easy as you think, but don’t worry we’ve got you covered!
How to Clean Your Home: General Cleaning Tips
Starting with these general cleaning tasks can help you make a big dent in your cleaning as you go from room to room.
- Dust ceiling fans, dust light fixtures, artwork, window blinds, windowsills, dust baseboards, wash curtains and bookcases. For hard-to-reach places, dusting with a soft cloth tied to the end of a mop handle works wonders. Don’t forget to dust in corners to remove cobwebs.
- Vacuum and deep clean carpets, dust off blinds, mop floor, clean mirrors and clean areas under and around rugs and furniture.
- After dusting, polish wood furniture to make it shine.
- Using horizontal strokes, wash windows with cleaner and newspaper for streak-free views. Polish mirrors with cleaner and soft cloths.
- Remove clutter. Donate or discard unwanted items.
- Take out the trash.
- Sweep and wash hardwood and linoleum floors to remove dirt and scuff marks. Sink and stove to remove dirt and scuff marks.
- Wipe walls with a damp cloth.
- Sanitize doorknobs, outlets and light switches.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs.
- Change air filters.
- Replace batteries in carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors.
- Now that you’re on a roll with spring cleaning, we’ll get to the specifics for each room.
A maid service usually has a proper cleaning checklist that ensures none of the corners goes unnoticed. After all, perfection lies satisfaction.
Laundry Room Cleaning Checklist
While laundering removes dirt and debris from your clothes, those particles don’t always make it out of the machine. A good cleaning will make it run more efficiently and leave every load fresh-smelling. If you have a front-loading model, you know that the door gasket can start smelling moldy if it isn’t cleaned regularly.
Likewise, removing lint build-up from the dryer ensures your clothes, sheets, and towels come out soft and fluffy without requiring extra drying time.
- Clean inside washer. Fill dispenser with chlorine bleach and run a normal cycle with hot water. Clean front-loader gasket.
- Empty washing machine pump.
- Remove lint filter on dryer, clear debris with comb or dryer sheet, rinse with soap and water. Wipe inside the machine.
- Organize laundry supplies to easily locate everything you need.
The maids here are highly skilled and trained to deliver on their cleaning schedule responsibly and promptly. It is made sure that you do not have to worry about any of your cleaning needs, once you place your trust on us!
Kitchen/Dining Area Cleaning Tips
As your family’s food-prep headquarters, the kitchen goes through lots of wear and tear. While juggling everything else, you may barely have time to do more than minimal maintenance. A total deep-cleaning will make all your culinary endeavors easier and keep gunk and unpleasant odors at bay.
- Wipe and clean the microwave and other appliances inside and out.
- Descale coffeemaker. Place paper filter in basket, “brew” equal parts water and vinegar halfway, let sit for 30 minutes, finish cycle, and empty.
- Clean shelves and bins in refrigerator and freezer with warm, soapy water. Toss expired food.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Replace water filters.
- Rinse dishwasher filter thoroughly. Use a cleaner or pour in 2 cups vinegar, run on low. Stop mid-cycle, let stand 20 minutes. Finish cycle and wipe inside the machine.
- Disinfect trash can.
- Sprinkle baking soda and a few drops white vinegar on your stove and the bottom of oven. Let it bubble, then scrub with a sponge.
- De-grease your stove and range hoods. Wash mesh filter in hot, soapy water. Clean build-up from stovetop, elements, and cabinets above range.
- Sanitize garbage disposal. Run 2 lemon rinds through it, then rinse with cold water.
- Clean drain. Pour in 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup table salt mixture. Follow with 1 cup heated vinegar. Let stand 15 minutes. Rinse with hot tap water. Keep the sink clean as well.
- Organize cabinets and cookware. Sanitize cutting boards.
- Organize pantry. Check expiration dates on spices and canned goods.
- Wash pet dishes.
- Sanitize table and chairs.
- Polish and organize cabinets/hutches.
- Wash table linens and chair cushions.
Bedrooms Cleaning Checklist
A bedroom cleaning checklist is an absolute necessity if you want to convert your bedroom into a relaxing retreat! Like other areas of the home, bedrooms can become zones for clutter and odors. And they need serious home organizing. Freshen up your sleeping quarters and keep closets tidy so you don’t dread opening them. Our bedroom cleaning checklist includes,
- Sprinkle mattresses with baking soda to remove stale smells. Vacuum with crevice tool. Disinfect.
- Wash bedding.
- Clean under the bed.
- Dust and organize dressers/nightstands.
- Dust ceiling fans, dust lamps and other areas.
- Organize closets and dresser drawers. Pack up winter clothes. Donate or toss anything you don’t wear or use anymore.
A reliable maid service can do wonders in turning your space into a safe haven of sweet dreams.
Bathrooms Cleaning Checklist
With spring cleaning, comes a lot of responsibility which is why we suggest to all our clients to have a bathroom cleaning checklist ready and prepared beforehand. Give your bathroom a “bath” to knock out germs, mildew, and funky smells with our bathroom cleaning checklist.
- Organize cabinets and linen closets. Toss expired beauty products and medications.
- Scrub bathtubs, showers, and shower heads.
- Wash shower curtain and liners or shower door frames.
- Clean sinks and counters. Use scrub brush to clean faucets and drains. Remove debris that could clog the drain.
- Wash towels and bath mats.
- Scrub floors. To clean tile grout, spray tile with cleaner, let sit for several minutes, scrub, and rinse.
- Disinfect trash can.
- Clean exhaust fans.
- Scrub outside of toilet and inside toilet bowl.
Our maid service will ensure that even your bathroom sink will be shining and you can easily maintain it it yourself as well.
Living Room/Family Room Cleaning
There’s no escape from spring cleaning tasks. The only possible way you can go around it is with a proper cleaning schedule in front of you. With the living room as the go-to place for entertaining friends and relaxing with your family, this area can be a magnet for messes. Spruce up living areas to keep them cozy and inviting.
- Dust electronics, lamps, and lampshades.
- Using a cloth and disinfectant, sanitize remote controls and gaming equipment.
- Organize entertainment centers.
- Remove stains from furniture with upholstery cleaner.
- Wash kids’ plastic toys with soap and warm water.
- Launder throws, pillows, and stuffed toys.
- Clean under and between couch cushions. (You might find enough spare change to treat yourself to a small reward for all that work).
Home Office Cleaning Checklist
Whether you telecommute or just use this room to keep up with bills and paperwork, a clean, clutter-free home office means less stress when you need to get things done. A reliable maid service can make or break your home office, and you do not want to go wrong with that. Here are some handy tips to help you stay on top of your cleaning needs.
- Sanitize keyboard and mouse with disinfectant.
- Dust monitor with dry cloth.
- Clean out files — both hard copies and electronic documents– so you don’t have to search through mountains of out-dated material to find what you’re looking for.
- Organize whatever you want to keep. Use a filing system in chronological order and/or according to document type. Designate space for office supplies, magazines, etc.
Cleaning Outside the Box
We’re including some creative cleaning tips to boost your motivation. Take Windex, for example. It’s not just for windows. You can use it for cleaning everything from kitty litter boxes to kitchen appliances to crystal. Check out some fun uses for the versatile blue glass cleaner.
Trying to minimize your carbon footprint and protect your kids from the harsh chemicals found in many traditional cleaning products? Look no further than your kitchen cabinets. We’ve put together a list of our favorite DIY green cleaning products you can make at home for a fraction of what you pay for the store-bought stuff. Plus, they’re safe for your family and pets.
Use this printable cleaning checklists and you’ll less likely to overlook important cleaning tasks. Now that you’ve conquered your green cleaning checklist, you might be wondering: How do I stay on top of the housework? We recommend making house cleaning schedules containing activities to do for daily cleaning tasks and weekly cleaning. Downloading house cleaning checklist templates online is also a great idea. Professional maids can be an option too.
Before you know it, it’ll be time for another round of spring cleaning. Following a routine will make your seasonal cleaning a lot less daunting and will make sure you achieve a clean house every single time.
Hungry for more? Here is the top 10 best housekeeping books you gotta try. They will teach you most things you need to know to take your house cleaning business to a whole new level.
Is your spring cleaning checklist ready yet? If not, send us your requirements on our email address and we will try to facilitate you as much as we can!